Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Today has been a nice day..  clear and brisk outside.  A good day to tour..  We went to Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum at the foot of the Zhongshan Mountain.  He is revered at the Father of Modern China and is well respected by all Chinese people.  Four Chinese characters written by Dr. Sun Yat-sen are inscribed on the doorway that translates "The World Belongs to All".

There were many Chinese tourists there.  Several large tourist groups.  As we walked, we received many stares and double-takes.  Blond caucasian with Chinese baby.  I'm sure we'll get stares and double-takes our whole life, wherever we are.  I made sure to bundle Abigail in many layers today - the Chinese dress their babies in at least 3 warm layers.  I was chastised by several older Chinese women yesterday..  "need more clothes".

I'm thinking of my son Ethan especially - today is his birthday (10 years!).  Mom sends big hugs to her oldest son..  My in-laws are taking good care of him and will make him feel very special on this special day.





No comments:

Post a Comment