Monday, November 19, 2012

Almost done!  We went to the Visa appointment today, took an oath that everything we submitted is true, then handed over a packet containing documents and information from the various steps of the paperwork process.  I wonder if anyone has logged the number of hours spent on paperwork for one adoption.  I'm sure it would be shocking!


Abigail wore a pretty red dress for the event but we couldn't even bring cameras or cell phones for the "swearing in".  We had to leave electronics at a security check point.  She did have fun playing in her red dress though..


Abigail will officially become a U.S. citizen when we first enter the United States - our entry point will be San Francisco.  Pretty cool since we have many fond memories of the Bay Area.

Abby's personality is coming through more and more as she becomes more comfortable with us.  She throws food on the floor when she's done eating and whines when she's had enough of an activity (mostly when we're out and about).  She's starting to enjoy her bath more - today she played in the water for a quite a while..  much better from the fearful bath experience at the beginning.

We're going to the zoo tomorrow morning then will receive her Passport/ Visa in the afternoon.  After that, we'll travel to Hong Kong by car, stay the night and fly home the next day.  Did I mention we'll soon be FLYING HOME?!  I'm so excited!

Thank you for the prayers, messages and notes of encouragement.  Even though I haven't had a chance to respond, I read every comment and receive the strength to keep going.  Your words make a difference...

Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name!

3 comments:

  1. Marianne,
    I'm so excited that you'll be home soon... and starting the next part of this amazing journey with the rest of your family! Continuing to pray for the new transition as she meets everyone else! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet in her dress. Safe travels! You will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most beautiful dress ever! Love the shoes, too! I am so excited you will soon be going home, through my favorite city. I bet the boys can't wait!

    ReplyDelete